You want to do work that matters. You want to work with people you care about, and who care about you. You want to be challenged, to grow, and to be a leader. You have ambition and drive to spare, and you're ready to do work that can change the world! You want both a fulfilling life AND a rewarding career.
We want all those things, too, and we've found them here at Cultivate. Sound like a dream company for you or someone you know? We're hiring a Creative Lead and Senior Graphic Designer and would love for you to apply!
The Creative Lead is a dynamic, color-loving individual who will lead our creative team with vision, integrity, and skill. She or he will dive into projects with immediate vision and be able to deliver assets under fast-paced deadlines. Our design decisions tend to strike our audience as fun, happy, and casual, but the Creative Lead is able to balance our accessible deliverables with the nuances of our brand mission and ambitious marketing strategy. Working closely with key players on our team, this person must be confident, humble, an excellent communicator, able to self-edit, and a lover of the collaborative process.
The ideal candidate:
- Embodies our core values and can propel our mission forward with integrity.
- Is exceptional at whatever he or she does and proactively seeks to solve puzzles and find solutions. This is the most important factor in your success! You must be a self-starter who loves to learn and grow (both personally and professionally!).
- Has 3-5+ years of experience in print and digital design. He or she is experienced in print production and digital marketing and strategy.
- Is fluent in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Has excellent business judgement, outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written), and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done. She or he can tactfully and efficiently express ideas.
- Has a love for color and great branding, and can build out appropriate interpretations of our brand assets for visual diversity and interest.
Bonus skills: Basic videography, video editing and production; basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Wordpress; product photography
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Physical and digital product and asset design alongside a team. We need you to be a skilled and passionate do-er as well as big-picture thinker! As the Lead, you'll fill in the gaps wherever needed, from marketing graphics to opt-ins to our signature products.
- Maintaining and periodically refreshing our brand integrity and assets
- Managing the creative team and outside contractors
- Leading the artistic side of the product development process for all major products (ideation, creation, samples, proofing, etc.)
- Leading the creative process for campaign shoots, including guiding the creative vision, planning and executing the details, prioritizing the deliverables, styling photos, and directing the shoot day.
About Cultivate What Matters:
Founded by Lara Casey in 2008, our company has grown from a one-woman business to a multi-faceted, multimedia and retail company driven by a mission to help women think big picture and live more intentional lives. Thousands of women have used our signature products, the PowerSheets® and Write the Word Bible Journals, to change their lives through achieving their goals. We're proud to have been featured by Fast Company, Parents, IF Gathering, The Everygirl, Amy Porterfield, Jamie Ivey, and Planners Gone Wild, among many others.
We hire characters, not positions. We’re a small company with big aspirations, and we work hard (and have a LOT of fun) while making that happen. If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you’re a consistent high-achiever in everything you do in life - then you'll fit in well at our company.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Cultivate is an EEO employer and highly values the diverse perspective and background each new team member brings to the table. We can't wait to get to know you!
Please note: This is a full-time position. While we will consider remote work for our most qualified candidates, we highly prefer someone who can work in-person with us in Chapel Hill, NC for the long-term, or is within a 2-3 hour driving distance and willing to travel to the office monthly.
To apply, please fill out the application and have these items ready to upload:
- Your PDF resume
- Your portfolio, if it’s not online
- A one-sheet PDF you have designed about yourself. Feel free to include anything you think is relevant, but be sure to include answers to the following questions. Get creative and show off your skills!
- Your name and any nicknames you go by.
- What fires you up?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself (or a few!)
- What are your professional goals?
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Thank you so much for your time and interest - we're very much looking forward to hearing from you!