Like most things in 2020, the holidays will look a little different this year for many of us. That doesn't mean they can't be peaceful, joyful, and cultivated, though! Our team put together this Wildcard page just for you: to help you focus on what matters this season, and let go of the rest. It might be just what you've been looking for!
After you've identified your priorities, there's a space on the worksheet to list a few action items for the season ahead. This isn't meant to be an exhaustive to do list, but instead a way to highlight what is most important to you! If you need a few ideas of what to add to your worksheet or Tending List, we gathered a few below - and would love to hear your ideas in the comments, too!
- Order holiday cards
- Update your address book
- Plan your calendar, accounting for travel plans/guests, activities, events, and babysitters, if necessary
- Choose a devotional or faith focus
- Draw names for family or friend gift picks
- Make a gift plan
- Gather your gift wrapping supplies and put them in an easy-to-access location
- Make a budget (include gifts, activities, events, and extras like decor or pajamas!)
- Brainstorm holiday food (big "event" meals and smaller ones, too!)
- "Clear the decks" before adding in holiday decor. Tidy trouble spots, throw away trash, and remove extra items from surfaces.
- Make a plan for generosity and service
What holiday items have you added to your November or December Tending List? We'd love to hear!