In the garden, a key to growth is healthy soil.
It's the same with growing good things in our lives. For years, we've helped PowerSheets® users cultivate fertile soil for their goals by encouraging them to check in on different areas of their lives—areas that, together, cover a wide range of roles and commitments they might hold.
This is a practice that helps us notice. What areas have been growing well? What might need more nourishment or attention to flourish? Left to our own devices, it's easy to skip over the areas we find more challenging or that we feel discouraged by, but confronting them honestly and acknowledging where things stand is the first step in change—and change is possible!
Traditionally, the PowerSheets goal planner has included eight Cultivated Life Evaluation categories:
- Fun + Recreation
- Health + Wellness
- Home + Spaces
- Spiritual + Personal Growth
- Work + Learning
In the 2024 version, we made what feels like a big change: we left one category blank for you to fill in! After listening to Cultivator feedback, we wanted to give you the space to fill in an area of your unique life you'd like to focus on in the year ahead.
Some Cultivators might know just what category to choose, while others might need a few ideas to get their wheels turning. If the latter describes you, we've got you covered! Here are eight ideas for how you can use the choose-your-own CLE category in 2024.
- Split out Spiritual + Personal Growth | If growing in both your faith and more general personal improvement is important to you, make them two different categories!
- Reading | We're all about a reading goal around here! Use this category to check in on a reading goal or reading habits.
- Screen Time | Is reducing your screen time or using it more purposefully a goal for 2024? Make it a CLE category of its own!
- Fun, Recreation, or a Hobby | You may have noticed that the Fun + Recreation category was the one we had to axe to make room for the choose-your-own. Eep! If focusing on fun is helpful for you, add it back in! This is also the perfect space to track your favorite hobby, like running, crafting, baking, or painting.
- Marriage | A few years ago, we combined Significant Other and Family into a single category. Split them out again to focus on each individually, if it's helpful.
- Neighbors | While it's possible to fold your street into the Community category, we love naming neighbors separately if loving the people around you is a focus in 2024.
- Homeschool | Homeschooling kids is a big commitment and a major focus for families who choose this path. Make it its own category for an opportunity to check in on how things are going throughout the year!
- Self-Care | Self-care is way more than just bubble baths and massages. If your self-care practices need a tune-up, consider making them a focus in the year ahead.
Looking for even more ideas? Here are a few suggested by fellow PowerSheets users!
- Extended Family
- Social Media (for a business)
We'd love to hear: What category are you choosing in 2024? Leave a comment and let us know!