Happy Cultivate What Matters Week!

We have so many new faces in the Cultivate family (hi, friends!), and many of you loved celebrating this week alongside us last year!

Your calendars likely have Valentine's Day marked already, but in our office, we're celebrating something bigger than candy and flowers. Last year, we created a brand new holiday to combat a scary statistic we saw, and we're excited to dig in again this week with you!

Did you know February is statistically the month that gym membership attendance goes down, and fast food consumption goes up? Makes you think, doesn’t it? The forward momentum of January can leave us burned out and feeling guilty for not starting the new year as well as we had hoped. It's why we chant "There's nothing magical about January 1st" over and over again.

Here's what happens: people set goals and New Year's resolutions on January. Come February 15th (this week!),80% of those goals are forgotten completely. They've decided it's just not worth the time and energy.

If I had to guess, there's a chance you might be feeling that, too. Maybe you haven't opened your PowerSheets in weeks, or maybe you've made some progress but need a little extra motivation right about now!

Either way, this week, you have a choice.

2018_Lets_Do_This

We get to make a choice, and we are choosing to flip this statistic on its head together. We are Cultivating What Matters!

No matter how imperfect our progress has been so far, we are not caving. We are saying yes to being a community of cultivators together.

What exactly is a Cultivator?

According to Merriam-Webster, a cultivator is one that cultivates, loosening the soil while crops are growing.

That means you are making a mess while the things in your life are growing. You aren't doing it perfectly, but you're making one seemingly small intentional decision after another.

A cultivator uncovers her own unique goal and path. Instead of looking to other people’s goals or social media feeds to define her own, she puts in the hard work of uncovering a path that fires her up.

A cultivator embraces little by little progress. She doesn’t believe in quick fixes or overnight results, but she knows it’s okay to grow slow.

A cultivator gets her hands dirty and takes action. Waiting for perfection might sound like a good idea, but she knows it’s worth it to dig in right now instead of waiting for the perfect timing or circumstances.

A cultivator examines where she is in order to leap to what’s next. Instead of ignoring what isn’t working, she takes the time to evaluate everything–both the good and the bad–to uncover the path forward.

A cultivator creates a long-term vision and gets after it. She refuses to keep going through the motions, doing the same things she’s always done. Instead, she steps forward into a new path.

A cultivator sets out on a purposeful path by uncovering cultivated goals. She’s tired of wandering aimlessly, with no goal, and she embraces her path with excitement and enthusiasm.

A cultivator finds joy in the journey instead of placing all her value in the finish line. She knows there is much to be learned in the in-between.

A cultivator doesn’t just embrace imperfect progress; she celebrates it. She’s tired of abandoning ship at the first bump in the road, and she knows that the best things in life grow slowly.

A cultivator believes in community. She shares her goals, encouraging others along the way, instead of trying to do it all alone.

Cultivator_Week

Whether you realize it or not, we just described you. Every decision we make has an arrow attached to it, pointing us in one direction or another. Your decision arrows have the power to fly through all the distractions and fear and hit the target, or they can float around and miss it completely. So how can you shoot one of your decision arrows in the right direction? It's easier than it seems, because it's not a giant leap. It's in the small decisions you make each and every day.

Putting the phone down in favor of climbing down to the floor to build legos with your son? You’re a cultivator.

Choosing to embrace conflict at work instead of brushing it under the rug? You’re a cultivator.

Saying no to an event with an acquaintance in lieu of a night at home with your husband? You're a cultivator.

Climbing out of bed instead of hitting the snooze button so you can lace up those running shoes? You're a cultivator.

Make a choice this week to aim your arrows in the right direction and to embrace little by little progress. Need some tips on how to get started? Check out these starting steps:

While Cultivate What Matters Week is only a week long, it's a week that serves as a marker in your year. Join us as we kick those preconceived notions about goals and resolutions to the side and say yes to embracing the little by little progress of cultivating what matters.

What do you say? Are you with us? If so, leave us a comment and let us know! We'll choose a lucky winner tomorrow to receive a $25 gift card to the Cultivate Shop!

1. Marcia
    Marcia

I am still cultivating. Things are very slow. My mom is in the last stages of Alzheimer’s, my father is in denial, more autoimmune problems are surfacing in me, I am investing in the lives of my 13 grandchildren, and cultivating marriage fun!!! I may not have my power sheets done yet, but I am always working towards that goal. But for now, the above are my tending items!!! Cultivate away!!!!!

Sondra

Good luck! It sounds like you have so much going on! This was me last year and I had to count the tiny steps as big improvements because it was such a struggle to move forward. You are in my prayers.

2. TIFFANY JENKINS
    TIFFANY JENKINS

I need all the help I can get! LOL

3. Erin W.
    Erin W.

I'm with y'all! I started getting discouraged with one of my big monthly goals for my business towards the end of last week, so this is perfect timing!

4. Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

Thanks, Lara and team for always being so encouraging ❤️

5. Linda A McElreath
    Linda A McElreath

I am ready to cultivate I am ready for challange

6. Sharon Jolliff
    Sharon Jolliff

Great encouragement! The month of January was filled with enthusiasm and then comes February! I can get discouraged because I’m not seen no the results I thought I would. Looking forward to this week of gearing back up and moving forward!

7. Rachel
    Rachel

Thanks for the encouragement! A fresh perspective is always helpful to realize you are still moving forward even if you feel stuck. 💕

8. Sondra
    Sondra

This was God's timing! I was feeling discouraged about a perceived lack of progress, and this week will be just what I need to move forward with continuing intention. Thank you so much!

9. Jenn Hand
    Jenn Hand

I love this . Such great grace filled yet power packed reminders

10. Rochelle
    Rochelle

So grateful for this week! I really needed the encouragement!

11. Lindsay R.
    Lindsay R.

Thank you for your encouragement. I'm new here, but so excited to be supported on my journey of living a life that is intentional!

12. Michelle Anthony
    Michelle Anthony

I'm looking forward to the week! I'm actually still feeling good about many of my goals, but one or two are giving me trouble. Excited to return to them and give them the attention they deserve.

13. Beth
    Beth

I was using this week to recommit to some recently ignored cultivating opportunities BEFORE I got this email/blog update. Now I'm even more inspired!

14. Cathy Lange
    Cathy Lange

Thank you for the reboot!!

15. Renee Slembarski
    Renee Slembarski

I definitely need Cultivate What Matters Week, thank you 🙏. I’m in!

16. Sondra
    Sondra

Here’s to getting creative with what you have and where you are! Last night, without money for a babysitter or even a date, I decided to invite my husband for a date-night in...sent the kids upstairs to watch a movie and snuggles on the couch with him to watch La La Land. No more excuses! My main goal this year is to rekindle the spark in our marriage and that means finding the special in the ordinary and getting a little creative. We have been together for 15 years and we still want it to feel special. Wish us luck!

17. Elle
    Elle

Yes! I'm excited to tweak my goals!!

18. Leah
    Leah

So excited for some extra motivation this week!

19. Melissa
    Melissa

With you! Making new changes with my diet this week!

20. Janice
    Janice

Thank you. This was very helpful. The majority of my goals are long term and I was starting to feel frustrated about ever reaching these goals. Progress not perfection!!

21. Rachel McCloud
    Rachel McCloud

Absolutely needing this encouragement today:) im getting after my goals today. It’s a new week :) oh and I ordered more stickers. :)

22. Kim
    Kim

This is perfect timing! I was just thinking I needed to get busy on the goals I did well last month but not so much this month!

23. Sherrinda
    Sherrinda

I so needed this today, as I’ve been discouraged over the little progress I’ve made in some areas. But progress IS progress and I’m going to celebrate that! Thank you!

24. Allison W
    Allison W

This is such a great encouragement. Thank you!

25. Cindy Brotzman
    Cindy Brotzman

I love this reminder and the continued support to keep moving forward. Thank you!

26. Alicia
    Alicia

Yes! Great idea to do this! I am certainly feeling that downward motivation spiral creeping up.

27. Chante
    Chante

I am still making progress! Slowly cultivating daily habits. Simple is better!

28. Sarah
    Sarah

I could definitely see this week becoming my backing out week, but you guys always step into the mess with us and I appreciate that so much! Looking forward to more content later this week.

29. Michelle
    Michelle

What great encouragement! Thanks Cultivate team!

30. Vanessa
    Vanessa

Definitely needed this as some things aren’t going as planned in life in general right now. Trying hard to prayoritize and listen to God’s will and purpose in this hard time.

31. Stefani
    Stefani

Definitely in need of this week of encouragement! February is seeming to fly by and half of my goals have no progress 😱 Thanks to the cultivate team for being so grace-filled and reminding me that I can start now on those and make some little by little progress.

32. Simone
    Simone

I am totally embracing slow progresss instead of doing it all at once. I am the person who is impatient and wants to do it all to see quick results. However, since using powersheets (I started last year) I have learned to embrace slow and steady progress. It has helped so much for me to look over my goals each week and see where I am going with everything. I also don't get very anxious anymore (thanks to God and powersheets!!) about my goals not being completed exactly how I want every month. Oh yeah and I am totally cultivating more times with my children and husband, its the whole reason I left the world of working for someone else anyways.....

33. Ann Eliot
    Ann Eliot

I'm so glad I'm not in the boat all by myself! Just last week I was beginning to feel like I had blown it - I had done nothing in January! But then I decided to let myself off the hook and call January my "Lay Low" month. Yesterday, I actually began to work on one of my goals and got my fridge cleaned out and my cupboards reorganized. Yea me!

Thanks for all the support !

34. Jennifer
    Jennifer

I’m new with Powersheets so I’m still getting used to it but am really loving it. Women need to understand that Progress Not Perfection is an awesome achievement because perfection is unachievable. I set a goal to try to do something this year with entire family - my elderly parents and my brother and his family. I can say I booked a entire family vacation last night!
    Thanks for all the encouragement.

35. Becca
    Becca

Thank you for the reminder that little actions still lead towards that overall goal. Trying to make my own peace with that but I'm with you and all these brave women who are also sticking with their goals!

36. Melody
    Melody

Yes! Time to keep going! Thank you so much for the encouragement & reminders that perfection is not the goal!

37. Britney
    Britney

I intentionally delayed really getting started on my goals until February for this very reason! I used January as a time of reflection and spent that time carefully considering how I wanted 2018 to be a blessing. I came into February feeling motivated, refreshed, and so sure of how I want each month to help me grow a more INTENTIONAL year (my word of the year). I wrote "Embrace Grace" on the top of my February goal sheet as a reminder that every goal won't be achieved and that is beautiful in it's own right! (How many times have my plans been "ruined" only for me to discover a greater blessing on the other side?!) I am grateful for PowerSheets and for the chance to use this Cultivate What Matters week as more fuel to my fire!

38. Megan
    Megan

Thanks for all the cheering! I’m excited for the week ahead!

39. Taylor
    Taylor

I’m excited to start cultuvating this month!

40. Michelle
    Michelle

I am so proud to say that I have been sticking with my fitness goals with the 80 Day Obsession program through Beach Body. We just finished up phase 1 and while everyone in my group is posting these amazing before and afters.... here I am. No real change in inches or on the scale. I know I am getting stronger, but I want my body to reflect those changes on the outside too! Easy to want to give up but I know I need to push through.

I am throwing a Galentines Day Party tonight to celebrate local women and I REALLY wanted to skip my workout this morning. But I did not! I pushed play, sweat A LOT, and now am at work chugging away! (Well... except for my quick detour to read this blog post, hehe).

41. Sami
    Sami

I'm currently in season, like none I've ever been in. I feel so unhappy with my current job, but no ideas where to turn or which direction to pursue. So much fear is sweeping in! I truly need this week and to focus on going where God is going to meet me.

42. Justice
    Justice

I needed this. During my evening prayers, I was lamenting feeling behind on some of my goal work, specifically that I have yet to finish my February tending list. I asked for support and woke up to this email. Full of gratitude this morning.

43. Marissa
    Marissa

I'm definitely feeling like a cultivator this morning! This is my first month doing a tending list and seeing those progress bars has me fired up. I have my plan/to do list for the week to keep making progress ready to go to show Monday morning who is boss!

44. Sara
    Sara

I’m with you. It’s because of the phrases: Progress not perfection & little by little progress adds up, that I’m giving myself grace. I’ve made progress on some goals, but I have one I haven’t even touched yet and I just moved from my February tending list to March because life happens and you’ve got to go with it!

45. Jillian
    Jillian

OMG I am totally feeling the February slump right now and this is EXACTLY what I needed to pull myself back up! Thank you SO much for sharing! xo

46. Ivana
    Ivana

Going through a somehow darkened valey right now, and you've provided me with the dose of encouragement I needed. Thank you! Getting up to cultivate again.

47. beth
    beth

Thanks. I was feeling a little discouraged by my lack of progress on my power sheets for February. I just need to keep at it.

48. Becca
    Becca

I’m excited for this week!! I’m still working toward each of my goals, and love adding my little check marks each day and week, but lately I’ve been feeling discouraged that my goals feel too small. I want to do BIG things, but the small ones *need* my attention. I’m looking forward to really trying to see how to stick with and value the little things.

49. Monica
    Monica

50. Diana Boso
    Diana Boso

I’m so thankful to have jumped in with my Powersheets. If nothing else gets accomplished this year, I’ve already made great progress on my goal of reading through the Bible. And that alone is worth the investment! I also appreciate all of the continued support from Cultivate What Matters. It’s obvious y’all aren’t just trying to sell a product and move on. You’re helping change lives!! 🙌🏻

51. Jennifer
    Jennifer

I definitely need this week!!! I’m a SAHM of 4 working on getting my direct sales business off the ground!

52. Christy
    Christy

For most of the year, I travel for most of the month for work. Work travel resumed for me last week after a six week break around the holidays. Last year, this is where I struggled. Keeping the momentum up when I'm traveling every week. As I depart on my 2nd and 3rd work trips of the year this week, I'm really hoping to keep my forward progress. Last week, I definitely faltered a bit.

53. Candyce
    Candyce

I am absolutely with you!
    I am definitely on the path to making progress in my goal journey but life and obligations are mounting up more than expected this month. Reminding us that we can make little progress is just what I need this week. Let's do it!

54. Heidi
    Heidi

I’ve realized many of the goals I wrote down in January aren’t actually that important to me. They just looked and sounded good. Instead of considering the whole thing a waste I’m changing it all to fit what is truly vital to my life.

55. Emily
    Emily

I am with you!!! I am loving this community!!! Thank you for the encouragement!! The quote, "Progress nor Perfection" has basically become my mantra for this year! Looking forward to this week!

56. Jessica
    Jessica

Thanks for the motivation this morning! I'm excited for the week!

57. Krista
    Krista

This is perfect timing...thank you! I was doing great the first week of January when the kids were home from school and I had the week off from work. As the pace of life started picking back up, my attention to my goals became distracted. Looking forward to this week’s encouragement and growing slow!

58. Mary
    Mary

This is great encouragement--especially the invitation to step into conflict rather than avoid it. Thanks for the reminder! :)

59. Maggie
    Maggie

I'm in! This will be my very first Cultivate What Matters Week and I'm excited! There are so many important things to be done and I'm so thankful for this needed encouragement to keep cultivating! May God bless you. ♥

60. Allison
    Allison

I am *so* in. I had a great lunch with a fellow cultivator on Friday and she helped me to see how my goals really do matter and are true to what I need and am called to be in this world. I am so fired up to do things!

61. Amy
    Amy

I love that definition of cultivator. Things are definitely messy if you are trying to grow.

62. Kelly
    Kelly

Thanks for the encouragement, Cultivate team! Love that you’re taking this week for extra encouragement. I’m trekking along with my power sheets and love using them. Thankful for the “progress not perfection” reminder at the bottom of my tending sheet!

63. Ashley B
    Ashley B

I needed this! I’ve been having such a hard time getting up this morning to workout. Hoping I can really re commit to my goals, and add my new one for Lent this year!

64. Laura
    Laura

I got my PowerSheets in January and got about halfway through prep and then just kind of fizzled out. I'm joining with you to finish my goal setting and starting my monthly tending sheets!

65. Cara
    Cara

Thank you for this! I’m plugging along little by little on my goals and giving myself grace in the areas that I’m struggling with or haven’t started on yet.

66. Linda
    Linda

This is the first time ever that I've stuck with my goals this long, and it's because of the Cultivate team's tips and encouragement, and God's grace! It's mid-Feb, and I'm still excited about my goals and still making progress. I'm so grateful that I found you last December during the darkest season.

67. Heidi
    Heidi

I'm a fairly new cultivator and tender and am so happy to have these tools and encouragement to make 2018 meaningful and fruit-FULL year. Thanks so much!

68. Mollie
    Mollie

I had a GREAT 2017 in terms of making progress on goals, but this year I already feel a little stuck. Grateful for a reboot this week!

69. Meghan
    Meghan

I haven't even filled out my February goals yet, but I love the encouragement that we have in this community!

70. Elise
    Elise

Perfect timing to be reminded of this!

71. Teish
    Teish

I have been so sick for the past few weeks, and after a great start to the year, nothing but the bare minimum has gotten done. I'm just starting to feel a little better, and I'm determined to get back on track! Time to embrace little bits of progress!

72. Jamie G.
    Jamie G.

I'm all in! I didn't fill in my January goals, but about a week into February, I finally worked on my tending list! And although I feel guilty about this rough start to the year (and already feeling behind, overwhelmed, and exhausted), I know that it's still early and I have plenty of time to *slowly* get on track! This is one of my favorite "holidays" of the year because I feel such a sense of community and inspiration! THANK YOU!

73. Brittany
    Brittany

Thanks for this today :) I haven't given up, exactly, but I've definitely lost a lot of motivation and gotten a little lazy on some things. Thanks for the extra encouragement to get back on track and keep moving forward, little by little!

74. Amie Murphy
    Amie Murphy

I am in! I am looking to make deeper goals than perhaps goals that I know are easily attainable, I need a push and wisdom to get going!

75. Amanda Boser
    Amanda Boser

I started my powersheets in December but put a pause on getting through the powersheets prep work and actually discovering and setting my goals. I have restarted in the last week and I am actually writing down my goals finally! As I looked through my prep work again, it was interesting how quickly what I thought where things I had control over versus what I wanted to focus on had shifted in just a matter of 2 months. Things can change in a blink of a moment I guess and our lives are ever changing. It was like reading an old diary. Except I just wrote it 2 months ago!! Anyway, not sure where I am going with this. But thank you for helping us to stay energized and always giving us encouragement!

76. Bethany
    Bethany

Thank you for the encouragement! Using powersheets has been so helpful for me as I focus on progress not perfection and reminding myself that it is okay to grow slow!

77. Kara
    Kara

I am ALL IN!! I am a cultivator of my on self care. Taking hold of my mental health and focusing on my emotional cues. Allowing the dirt to be dirt and sift through the mess to uncover fertile soil. Learning I am stronger than I once thought and allowing imperfection to be a place of comfort...not anxiety. As a homeschool mama reevaluating our course after 6 years to focus on Loving Well. In life. In learning. Through adventure. Embracing curiosity. Removing the shackles of outside expectations to freely encounter the JOY of single meaningful moments.

Happy Monday 🎉

78. Brenda
    Brenda

Thanks for the encouragement. This is my first time using Powersheets.

79. Kelsey
    Kelsey

I most definitely need this, especially this week. I can feel myself losing motivation and getting lazy! This week is going to be the reboot I need to stay on track with my goals..... and maybe re-evaluate some of them. Sometimes it is so hard for me to remember Little by Little Progress so this week I am writing it down everywhere!

80. LInda
    LInda

What excellent timing of the "holiday week"!! You all are brilliant. I am a first-time PowerSheets user, and I love that you end each month with a review. I learned a lot from January's path, and am glad to make some adjustments. I just listened to the Brian Buffini Show (podcast episode 58) , where he talked about the 12-week year with his guest; hey, that's like us working a season at a time! And that podcast convinced me, I am trying to set too many goals at once. I need to have patience, as you say, Lara, and keep cultivating. Thanks!

81. Michelle
    Michelle

I have become a “cultivater” since January. This has been life changing for me to have daily, weekly and monthly goals aligned with the overall identified purpose set for the year. I wish I could buy this journal for everyone because it has been a gift in my life. I did buy for my two best girl friends. If I were selected for the gift card, I’d buy another journal for my mom. She would love this!!! Thank you for this blog, website and journal. Lara Casey- you rock!!! ❤️❤️❤️

82. Christine Smith
    Christine Smith

This is timely! I am loving the encouragement. I need a renewed focus. I’m doing well but I’m noticing I need a refresher. Thanks!

83. Katy Martin
    Katy Martin

I am happy to say that I’m a cultivator! It’s been fun to see all the progress I’ve made these past few weeks of 2018. Who would have thought I would be so motivated by checking things off my tending list. My family likes this version of me, happier and lighter! Thanks for creating the Powersheets and helping me uncover my goals.

84. Laura
    Laura

Perfect timing for this encouragement! So looking forward to this week!

85. Tara Vaughan
    Tara Vaughan

Love this!! I'm with you!! Loving my new 2018 powersheets. Little by little progress...need this mantra daily.

86. Rebecca Carter
    Rebecca Carter

Thank you for this encouragement! I had some great goals for my physical health in January, and as soon as they were done, I had trouble knowing where to go with it. I am encouraged to figure out something, however small, to get me moving forward again!

87. Barb
    Barb

Definitely with you on this. I've had great progress the past couple of weeks. However, this morning when I got up I felt like I hit a wall and didn't want to get up to do the workouts I've been doing. Reading this has helped tremendously and I am definitely on board to read your tips and posts this week to help me get over this hump. Thanks for being here!

88. René
    René

Lara, I love you and your team!! I feel like you are my good friends! I am so thankful that you have created the Powersheets. They have been such a blessing in my life and are helping me stay on track with my goals. It's all about "little by little". God bless you all for using the gifts He has given you to bless others for His glory!💐

89. Rebeca
    Rebeca

I'm starting to change my mind about what it is to grow cultivated goals. I hate goal-setting. Something that's stuck with me from the beginning of year: "analyze what kind of soil you have, because that is where the seeds are going to grow".
    And I have been doing that. Changing priorities and taking care of the important things. Thanks a lot Casey :) keep teaching and inspiring others like you have with me <3

90. Amy Boone
    Amy Boone

Great encouragement! Thank you!

91. Amy Hille
    Amy Hille

I loved cultivate what matters week last year!
    Amy Hille in Wisconsin

92. Michelle
    Michelle

I love the encouragement you give! I’ve already tweaked my goals just a bit - because you said I’m allowed to 😂! Before Powersheets I would have thrown in the towel because I would have felt like I failed - so thank you for the sweet reminder that “there’s nothing magical about January 1”!❤️

93. Katie
    Katie

Yes! Ready to refocus and recognize progress instead of where I haven’t moved forward!

94. Beth
    Beth

I got off track last week - my daughter is cutting 3 teeth at the same time and sleep is hard to come by these days. BUT I made great progress in January and I want to keep the momentum going. Starting from today with my monthly goals for February! Progress not perfection right? Right!

95. Ashley
    Ashley

I am so excited that I recently discovered PowerSheets! This is my first month and I am loving it. It is definitely out of my comfort zone, not something I would normally do, and pushing me. I can already see how it is enhancing all areas of my life and helping me to feel successful. Now if only there were a guy version! :)

96. Cathy Van de Casteele
    Cathy Van de Casteele

It’s been hard to remember that slow progress is still progress. Here’s to making 1% changes towards what matters most!

97. Jennifer
    Jennifer

I am with y’all! I am “drinking the water” of Cultivate What Matters. I started the powersheets last month and it has really helped me and my family. I am using the materials in our weekly family planning meetings to help the whole family be intentional.
    I am living overseas in a country where I have to learn and use another language to thrive, in addition to taking care of 2 littles. Everything takes twice as much energy as simple tasks, such as scheduling a doctors appointment take language preparation, failure, and trying again. One goal this year is to tend to relationships here, as to truly thrive here I need to have deep friendships.
    Thank you for helping and encouraging me in this journey.

98. Alison Templin
    Alison Templin

Focused on some health things this month, but still looking at/playing with my PowerSheets. Progress is better than done! Any progress I see further than I was yesterday or last month. Thinking about making a dashboard / insert for my PowerSheets with some of the motivators this week!

99. Grace Johnson
    Grace Johnson

So excited! First-time powersheets user and I'm excited NOT to give up!

100. Alex
    Alex

Got my tending list up on my fridge and ready to be re-energized to keep cultivating it!!!!

101. Melissa L
    Melissa L

Wow! I really needed to hear that today. I'm looking at my Tending Page on my fridge and thinking: wow.... 2 check-marks..... bleh😝. Time to refocus, make some changes and act like my priorities are my priorities.

102. Kristin
    Kristin

I'm still chugging along to PowerSheets and the entire CWM team! I love the satisfaction that comes from seeing my progress in black and white. And boy am I making a mess teweaking, adjusting, scratching out and starting over. But it's working!! Every day is an new chance to begin again. Don't give up on you or your dreams!

103. Jaquelyn
    Jaquelyn

I so need this. January was ridiculously hard and chaotic; I need a goal refresh already!

104. Carleen Roberts
    Carleen Roberts

Yes, I'm still cultivating with you this fabulous February!

105. Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories
    Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories

I am still working on my goals. I have definitely lost some momentum because of snow days and sicknesses but I'm still making progress!

106. Beth
    Beth

Thank you for the extra inspiration this week. I started off strong in Januauary. And, although, I haven't stopped with my goals it's really great to get this extra motivation. I'm looking forward to the week ahead.

107. Courtney
    Courtney

I'm in! Old habits are creeping back in. I need motivation and inspiration to keep fighting the good fight towards my goals!

108. kelly
    kelly

I am so in! The Cultivate team is the best!

109. Jill
    Jill

I have been doing really well with my journaling and reading the Bible daily since January 1st. Things in my home have not been smooth sailing and it helps to keep me centered. Both my kids have anxiety and are struggling with school praying always for peace and balance in our lives.

110. Sarah Holden
    Sarah Holden

I'm in! Will work on cultivating with you all! And so excited for the 25% off! I've been wanting to order a Write the Word!

111. Tracey
    Tracey

I'm ALL in. What an amazing support tool we have to keep cultivating in the powersheets and Cultivate What Matters community. Thanks for believing in us!

112. Heather
    Heather

Love the CONSISTENT reminders that progress is greater than perfection, that we need to contniue to make seemingly small decisions. This year feels to have started slowly for myself, but little by little I'm making changes to how I show up in life. It's a foundation that I'm excited to build off of this year! Keep on rocking, ladies!

113. rachelle
    rachelle

YES!! i can't love this enough. in fact, i've been praying this year about changing my team name (for my business) to something less me (it's currently tuckers tribe) and more about us - my team as a whole. i want it to be something that embodies our vision, our truth, and our goals. I think it's going to be Team Cultivate! I love the descriptions you gave. So. Dang. Good. Making those choices, small as they may be, but DOING them anyway. Thanks for the word!

114. Lisa Schader
    Lisa Schader

I'm in!!! I will not be another statistic. I am unique and wonderfully made - just like all of you ladies! Here's to an amazing 2018!

115. Carly Black
    Carly Black

A friend of mine recently introduced me to your brand, and I am so excited to start using your products. Books are ordered! And I’ll patiently, or at least try, to wait for the next opportunity to purchase a PowerSheets planner. It’s refreshing to find a working mom share faith based ideas for managing our time well in all of the roles we play.

116. Caitlin
    Caitlin

I have been so pumped to use my Powersheets and I'm already noticing a difference in how I spend my time, how I love other people, and how good I feel doing things that MATTER to me. I'm excited to really dig in this week to celebrate the little by little progress that I know will create big changes by then end of this year. Can't thank the Cultivate team enough for creating these products!

117. Melanie
    Melanie

Can you believe I'm a grandmother and I've never been as intentional as I am now to cultivate what matters? This is my first year and it has been challenging but I am making progress!. Thanks for all the encouragement! And for a chance at the giveaway!

118. Nicolette
    Nicolette

So excited, and so needing, this week!

119. Cheri
    Cheri

I'm doing much better on some goals than others. Launching my fitness goal seems to keep getting stuck. I didn't set a specific plan in motion in January. Found one in February and still haven't started. Made plans to walk during lunch every week, and have only managed to do it once before work said, "Nope, try again...". It is frustrating, and I'm doing my best to stop feeling defeated about it. I'm focusing on picking my goal up and trying again (and again, and again...)!! :)

120. Kelly
    Kelly

I’ve decided to look at it this way: even if my tending sheet isn’t completely marked off at month’s end, i know for sure that at the end of the year I will have made more progress than if i hadn’t done it all. Halfway is still better than nothing!

121. Heather Emoto
    Heather Emoto

This is such a great program. I was not expecting much when I ordered it but after starting and practicing I am a believer. Focusing on small, immediate steps, not huge leaps, has been a revelation for me. It makes goal setting feel manageable and empowering.

And according this this article in psychology today may be science backed. https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/201801/change-artists

122. Holley
    Holley

I love this! Thanks for the encouragement!!

123. Mandi
    Mandi

I was excited to get my Powersheets, however, I have been doing them but haven’t been as intentional about checking them as I could be. Developing habits are hard. Also, we are going through some big decisions and major changes so I feel like I keep changing what I thought were my goals.

124. Carli
    Carli

This is my first year to ever use PowerSheets and I don’t know what life was ever like without them. They’ve definitely helped me stay on top of my goals and to always remember that it’s okay to grow slow- especially when it comes to marathon training at the end of this year. I’m excited for this week!!

125. Annie
    Annie

Thanks for the definition of cultivate. While writing my goals, that word was the most common and welcome verb to envision my progress in the weeks ahead. It's such a positive word that focuses on growing through the mess, just like flowers do in a garden of dirt. It's the dirt that keeps us nourished, humble, and grounded.

126. Tirzah
    Tirzah

Whew, I still feel like I haven't even started only goals this year! I'm usually pretty good at creating goals and working towards them, but I have been stuck in a rut for the past few months. I have started to fill out my 2018 Power Sheets Journal, but I haven't been able to identify my goals for the season or year yet. I'm finding it hard to get motivated. Hoping that this challenge to dig in and cultivate will help turn things around!

127. Liz
    Liz

Still with you and Power Sheets has made all the difference this year! I have confidence for not giving up on the goals I have set for 2018, but have allowed myself grace when it hasn't gone perfectly! I can't wait to keep going and see where the rest of 2018 takes me!

128. Kare
    Kare

This is the first year my goals have not been a source of frustration by mid-February. Life has been embraced instead of getting in the way. I’m truly grateful for a new outlook/uplook. These tips are incredible! Thank you for the encouragement, I’m pressing on slowly making the most of valuable moments.

129. Laura
    Laura

I am so excited to actually participate with my PowerSheets filled out this year! I took January to marinate on things and started in February. It has been so good!

130. Jennifer Lee
    Jennifer Lee

I'm a first time PowerSheets so this is my first month diving in. This week is perfect as it really feels more like my kick-off week so this extra push this week is great timing. I am looking forward to where this will take me.

131. julie smith
    julie smith

Yes, I'm excited for Cultivate What Matters Week as a first-time PS user!

132. Shannon
    Shannon

This is my first year using Powersheets and I started late. They are helping me to be FOCUSED. That is my word of the year. Eyes on what really matters and let the other things go. God is helping me make choices and prioritize.

133. Rachel
    Rachel

I needed this!!! I can feel myself starting to lose steam and get discouraged. This is my first year using Powersheets, and my January tending list was a little too broad and bold so I didn't accomplish a lot. Now in February we are in the midst of a sudden move... I was getting ready to throw in the towel! Thanks for the encouragement! My little by little matters!

134. Margaret
    Margaret

I'm so with you! I am loving my Power Sheets and watching the little bit little progress I make each week, and I can't wait for the boost of motivation.

135. Mary Underwood
    Mary Underwood

So excited for this week ! This will be my first time :)

136. Mariel
    Mariel

love your heart for dragging us along with joy and spunk and love towards our goals!! grateful to have found your web home and always feel such timely motivation from your emails ❤

137. Natalie
    Natalie

Thanks for the encouragement!

138. Jessica
    Jessica

I am continuing to cultivate by tending to what matters most each day before time has a chance to distract me. I'm doing big HUGE things for my family right now, and I'm finding that simply putting them on my calendar (something that at first felt silly) is changing my motivation for why I am pursuing bigger things for us through my work as well. #focusedpurpose is my mantra! I'm excited to still be here with success this year because if I'm being totally honest I'm using my 2017 PowerSheets (a gift from a friend) with intention to make it happen. 2018 is my year to really cultivate and grow and to stop limiting what God has in store for me. Let's celebrate!!

Congrats, Jessica! You're the lucky winner of our $25 Cultivate Gift Card. I'll be sending you an email soon, so keep your eyes peeled! We're grateful for your support! Xx!

139. Venessa
    Venessa

Just what I needed to hear! I have been tending to my actions pretty well but feelibg like things are starting to slide a little now work + school are back in full swing! Thanks for the boost Lara :)

140. Laura
    Laura

I'm with ya! And I can definitely relate to the struggle. It's been particularly tricky as goals begin to change or shift along the way.

141. Emily M
    Emily M

I’m totally in!! Your goal setting series totally changed the way this perfectionist looks at goals, and I have been astonished at how much better progress is than perfection. Last month I started chipping away at some exciting goals. And little by little, they’re actually happening. Mind. Blown. So if you tell me you have something more to say about cultivating goals, I’m all ears!! 🙌🏻

142. Tiffany Messner
    Tiffany Messner

I'm so thankful for the intentionality that you all model! Beginning this cultivator journey has already pushed me this year to grow through that dirt (;

143. Emily DeArdo
    Emily DeArdo

I LOVE this week! I am really happy to have made significant progress on becoming financially responsible and after a rough January I'm back to losing weight again. So this week is perfect for me to tap into that motivation!

144. Nicholl
    Nicholl

Thank you for the extra motivation this week! 💕 I’m totally in! I’ve been loving trying out this new role for myself as a cultivator!

145. Staci
    Staci

Im in! Definitely feeling a bit of that slump so far this month with some other big hurdles that have popped up...but staying committed to my cultivated goals no matter how slow they may grow! :)

146. AT
    AT

Yes! Thanks so much for the encouragement!

147. JuliAnna Smith
    JuliAnna Smith

I am so with y'all! I was just saying this morning that I am not going to let myself fall back into my same habits that leave me confused as to what I did with my year. I am new to Cultivate and Power sheets and January was definitely a rough month. This was the perfect encouragement I needed to get back after it! Thank you so much!

148. Karla
    Karla

Yes! This is wonderful. I felt January went pretty well and then the transition into February, I got stuck. Fortunately, I was able to get some time away to re-evaluate things and I'm slowly getting back on track. God is revealing to me how important little by little progress is. I've always been an all or nothing person, so this has been a hard challenge for me to grow in. I'm learning to embrace the mess!

149. Rachel Purviance
    Rachel Purviance

Sign me UP. I'm still figuring out best practices (taping my tending list in my planner didn't do it for me, I never went back to the page I taped it to! #facepalm) but I'm committed to making little progress where it matters because that progress adds up!!

150. JenniferK
    JenniferK

Looking forward to all your encouragement and tips this week! Some things I wish I were doing better at so far this year (certain daily habits, and getting things marked off my household to-do list). On the other hand, I am making steady progress toward some important work projects, which is exciting. I am really loving the Powersheets book, it is a great tool, thank you so much for making it! (definitely getting one again next year!)

151. Amy
    Amy

I’m cultivating in the middle of everyday life. Done is better than perfect has been the tune I’m humming and it’s so helpful 💕

152. Maddi
    Maddi

Yes! I'm loosening the grip on self-doubt and looking at the facts. I've made progress on my goals. Looking at where more focus + action can me made and making note of progress along the way!

153. Jaclyn
    Jaclyn

Yes! Still cultivating and have been so encouraged at how little progress does add up! Something I am very encouraged about - last year one of my biggest goals was to build community on my street and I really worked at it and had victories and ultimately making some great relationships. AND my husband and I were just asked to teach a small group at church on building community!? So I have the chance to encourage others to cultivate what matters.

154. Tammy Thomas
    Tammy Thomas

I was ready to throw in the towel, the other day, feeling like my goals were wrong, or not going anywhere. Then I took time to mark of some progress I've made and realized I've done more than I thought. I was still feeling unsure, and knew that a couple of my goals I no longer felt were "what matters" Grace is one of my words this year, and that helped me see that it was ok, that I COULD just choose to let them go and move on to the others that really matter. Also I have been reading your book "what matters" this week and that is helping me keep moving forward too. Today a friend that I introduced to culitvating what matters just messaged telling me how much she is enjoying the book too!!! She and I both just found power sheets this year!

155. Samantha
    Samantha

This post is perfectly timed for me. I was just commenting to a friend how it's like I literally forgot all the goals I spent so much time cultivating in my Powersheets or my small goals on my Tending Sheet. What a great reminder that it's not too late to keep going.

156. anna
    anna

Such a good reminder that making small steps is still progress. And even if I don't get to all my mini goals in a day, or a week, I need to focus on what I DID do, and not on what I wasn't able to do. It's ok to grow slow...this needs to be my mantra :)

157. Karen M
    Karen M

Yes! This is my first time using the powersheets and reading the Cultivate book. I love the tending sheets. And the question about where you want to be when I'm 80 made a huge difference in setting my priorities. Thank you so much!!

158. Lisa
    Lisa

Thank you so much for this encouragement! Though I have lost 7 lbs since early January, I felt that I was still derailing my progress with some unwise food choices. I decided last weekend to join weight watchers with my 2 best friends and my aunt. I have clear boundaries now and I am excited to see the continued progress I will make. I have over 100 lbs to lose and I feel more resolve now than I ever have. Thank you for this timely series!

159. Lissa
    Lissa

I’m in the beginning stages and learning to cultivate what matters! I’m planning to read the book this month and am loving my powersheets so far :) I’m looking forward to growing and learning more!

160. Jennifer
    Jennifer

New to this series and the start is slow but much needed in my life right now.

161. Alexis Bruno
    Alexis Bruno

This is much needed right now! Been slacking the last few weeks but ready to get after it again.

162. Kara Edwards
    Kara Edwards

Such a timely message-I’m definitely feeling the pull to take the easy way out and fall into old habits. Slow progress is still progress!!

163. Amy
    Amy

I'm still feeling January momentum and excited to celebrate this week with y'all!

164. Donna Martin
    Donna Martin

I am with you! I am fighting to stay on track with my goals. I check my powersheets every day- it helps remind me of what I'm fighting for. I love cultivate week :)

165. Jennifer
    Jennifer

This is great timing. I got sick in January (along with half the world!) And stopped making progress. Last week I did my month in review and set aside time over the weekend to do my February pages. Turns out, I had made progress! And somebody wise said, "Little by little progress adds up." Excited to see where I am next month!

166. Ericka
    Ericka

Thanks for the encouragement! This is my first year using Powersheets and I am cultivating slow and making small progress towards my goals. Not as much as I would like but I am encouraged that it's okay as long as I am mindful of the things that are important to me (huge difference from last year). The tending list is amazing with helping me when I glance at it and use it as a reminder to try and keep that focus going this year. I am looking forward to this my first cultivate week and getting some tips to continue making great progress!

167. Katie
    Katie

This is just what I needed to hear! Thanks so much! :)

168. Rachel Marie Hendricks
    Rachel Marie Hendricks

My word for February was "rhythm." And now I'm on my third out of country trip since January 6th, second one that wasn't planned. So I'm squeezing in time to make progress on my goals that I can do on planes and trains and know that my other goals will still be there when I get home.

169. Emily
    Emily

Such a great reminder and perfect timing!

170. Lori
    Lori

Yes, I’m with ya! Gonna read me some Lara Casey books this week. Tnx for the code!

171. Mhay
    Mhay

Absolutely, I’m with you in bucking those statistics. February is actually becoming my January. Most of January I was recovering from a really bad illness that left me behind with all my goals. But I relied on God and did not lose hope in cultivating in the little by little even when I was sick. His timing proves to be perfect because I’m better and able to face a major life decision now. Resigning from my current job to being hired in a completely different field. But this job will help lead me closer to my big picture/goals. I’m terrified and excited at the same time. Absolutely grateful to have this community for inspiration and support. ❤️

172. Lavon
    Lavon

So timely for me! Thanks for the encouragement and push to keep progressing one step at a time!!

173. Susan
    Susan

Proud to be a CULTIVATOR!! Thank you for all the inspiration!! Little by little!!

174. Casey
    Casey

Love this! I was just looking at my February tending list, and caught myself thinking "wow I'm way behind this month". BUT - there are still some check boxes, and the fact that I DID the tending list and LOOKED at it is a win! Imperfect progress and breaking up hard soil this week! Thank you for the continued encouragement!! Praying for our cultivator family this week!

175. Angie
    Angie

I am so there with you! Keep on keeping on. Always focusing on forward motion.

176. Ashley P.
    Ashley P.

I am with you! Life has thrown a few curveballs my way already this year, but instead of using them as an excuse, I’m choosing to embrace slow and steady progress instead. Thanks for the extra encouragement this week!

177. Suzanne Kirkland
    Suzanne Kirkland

Totally with you!! I'm writing my goals and affirmations daily to try and keep them in mind everyday!

178. visit website
    visit website

Currently it appears like Movable Type is the preferred blogging platform
    available right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

179. Cheryl
    Cheryl

Thanks for the encouragement and help with our goals. I feel like I’ve only made progress on 1 goal but I won’t give up.

180. Susan Bricker
    Susan Bricker

I am ready to Cultivate with intention and up for a challenge!

181. Alison
    Alison

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was feeling a bit down today with my progress, and what do you know? I decided to search my inbox for one of your emails and found I had not opened this article yet. I feel happy, inspired, motivated, and lost all feeling of guilt. I'm excited to get back to it. First step: gym tomorrow morning!

182. Venise Vinegar
    Venise Vinegar

Love the idea of cultivating community, sharing goals, encouraging others along the way, instead of trying to do it all alone. Thank you!