Happy Cultivate What Matters Week!

Yes, it's Valentine's week, but we made up another holiday that we're all pretty pumped about!

First, a few facts. Did you know February is statistically the month that gym membership attendance goes down, and fast food consumption goes up? Makes you think, doesn’t it? The forward momentum of January can leave us burned out and feeling guilty for not starting the new year as well as we had hoped. (Are you feeling that?)

Here's what happens: 50% of the US population sets goals or resolutions in January. Come February 15th, half of those people have given up or forgotten about their goals completely.

2017

But, not us.

Not you.

Not the Cultivate community.

No matter how imperfect our progress has been so far, we are not caving.

Why? We get to make a choice, and we are choosing to flip this statistic on its head together. We are Cultivating What Matters!

Here's what you can expect this week:

• We'll be sharing what's new on the Cultivate What Matters site
  • Emily's best tips for setting goals with your significant other
  • Stories from women who have been cultivating what matters in their lives long before having PowerSheets in hands
  • The goal-setting tip I recommend more than anything else when I respond to social comments, emails or phone calls. (Here's a hint: it might surprise you!)
  • And much more!

We've written a new manifesto to remind us that intentional living is possible, and the imperfect and little by little progress that we all make together grows good things over time. Get it delivered right to your inbox!

Manifesto

Ready to get started?

• Preorder your 2017 PowerSheets! PowerSheets preorders will ship by late May, but you can start today with Lara's Goal-Setting Series. You don't need PowerSheets in hand to cultivate what matters.
  • Follow us on social media and join the conversation this week. We'll be posting prompts and questions to get us talking about how we're taking the next step to make our little by little progress a reality!
  • Need some help getting motivated? Start here.
  • Print your Cultivate What Matters Manifesto  and hang it somewhere you will see it each and every day!
  • Eliminate the excess to make room for what matters, like the endless scrolling and comparison. Try starting with a social media-free weekend (or day). Check out our favorite tips to make this a reality!
  • Share on social media using the hashtag #CultivateWhatMatters, and tell us how you are cultivating what matters this week!

It's your turn! Are you joining us in cultivating what matters little by little this week? If so, leave us a comment and let us know!

1. DeAnna Witzenburger
    DeAnna Witzenburger

Thank you for posting this! I definitely want to join in cultivating what matters this week! I was just reaching a point of discouragement so I am especially grateful for this special week of encouragement!

Perfect timing, DeAnna! We're grateful to be on this journey with you! Xo!

2. Tiffany
    Tiffany

Thank you for posting! I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed and pulled everywhere, so I'm going to reexamine my goals and my purpose. It's little by little progress that's going to help me feel grounded.

3. Casey
    Casey

Thank you for the encouragement! Yes I'm cultivating what matters by slowing down, working on my own recovery of yucky allergy season, all while trying to ensure my autistic son gets what he needs as well. I'm still not to the point of 100% acceptance and that is the hard part of not letting my emotions and brain take off running in the future.. I am learning like you said to cultivate no matter if it's all the way back to the seed stage. Everything will evolve in due time.. Thank you again for your most timely message!

4. Kay
    Kay

WOW! Inspirational post!! Thanks to your PowerSheets, I am on track! One goal- schedule gym time w my trainer- check! Fortunately she holds me accountable and MAKES ME GO! Diet- check! I have a son getting married in May and I want to look stunning!!!

Writing all this in my PS keeps it real and attainable because I SEE IT EVERY DAY!

Thanks for this post!!!

What an exciting year ahead! Love that you're already seeing that little by little progress add up! Xo!

5. Saun Rose
    Saun Rose

Hi Lara and Team Cultivate,

I am joining you! I will look at my Tending List this morning and be encouraged by you words. Thank you for this inspirational post. I needed to read this to start my week.

6. Regina
    Regina

I still need to finish my goals
    Been working long hours so feeling really behind
    Thank you for this post and please do count me in
    Regina

Cheering you on, Regina! Your little by little progress is adding up! Xo!

7. Sierra
    Sierra

Thank you for this!! I am definitely feeling discouraged since completing my goals is not going as planned. I think I over-committed myself, leaving me with few signs of progress. I can't do it all, and I know that! Praying for motivation and guidance this month!

Cheering you on, Sierra! Feel free to scratch off some of your goals if you're feeling overwhelmed. No need to wait until March to "start fresh!" Xo!

Kay

Sierra- I am right with you. I too overcommitted January- I had A LOT of unchecked boxes on my tending sheet. It served to make me realize I am in control of this sheet and SMALL STEPS lead to BIG RESULTS. How do they get to the top of Everest? ONE STEP AT A TIME- one small, deliberate, tested step! You CAN do this!

8. Alicia
    Alicia

Great timing with this post. But you knew that. ;) I am needing to refocus. I got discouraged because I realized this week that the deadline for one of my most important goals just isn't realistic. I need to just take the speed bump and move on with a new one instead of mourning like it's a loss that just won't happen at all.

Love this perspective, Alicia! Cheering you on as you shift things around! Xo!

9. melissa
    melissa

Good Monday morning! What great inspiration for starting the week!

10. Christie
    Christie

Thank you. I needed to hear this. I felt so defeated yesterday that I went through and updated my goals for the month to try to get a fresh start... it sometimes feels very isolating. I'm so happy I got this update today. Now I feel less alone in my struggle and it's helping me find courage. :)

You are not alone, Christie! We are so grateful you are in the Cultivate family! Xo!

11. Chyrll Vollmer
    Chyrll Vollmer

Absolutely!! No. turning. back.

12. Joyce
    Joyce

Thanks so much for this post - it's exactly what I needed to start this day and this week!

13. ann
    ann

Last year I made several goals and worked on my powersheets. I did not follow thru on any of them This year I pulled them back out and started fresh. I am feeling more accomplished this year. I learned that giving myself GRACE when I need to and refocus when life calls for it. I started to feel like I was letting go last week, but this weekend, I took life at a slower pace and was able to reboot. So worth it. And then to read this inspiration this morning, THANK YOU!

Love that you had the opportunity to slow down, Ann! So grateful we're in this together! Xo!

14. Ashley Stark
    Ashley Stark

I'm excited to start my week off with a snow day... with is another FREE day to work on my goals! I have an open day ahead to get lots checked off my list, and I'm ready!

Love this, Ashley! I hope your day is full of lots of wonderful work! Xo!

15. Melissa
    Melissa

YES! I needed this encouragement today. My weekend was spent dealing with the norovirus in 3 out of 4 members of my family (myself included), so I was feeling pretty defeated and exhausted by Sunday night. Today is a new day and I'm claiming grace to move forward!

Grateful to be in this with you, Melissa! Hope your family feels better soon! Xo!

16. Marija Vujcic
    Marija Vujcic

Yes please! I see myself completely in your descriptions and so far I would do just that - get discouraged by my imperfections and failures to do what i set out to do... I need this!! THANK YOU!

Cheering you on, Marija! We're in this together! Xo!

17. Michelle B
    Michelle B

Thank you so much for this encouragement! I'm one of those people that have been waking up the last week, exhausted and discouraged. I want to take little by little steps with you to work towards my goals; I do not want to give up!

Yes, hoping for a week full of rest and refreshment for you, Michelle! Grateful to be on this journey with you! Xo!

18. Krista
    Krista

Yes. I am taking time for myself to focus and cultivate what matters.Great manifesto!

19. Martice Sutton
    Martice Sutton

I want to join in on the fun but I'm lost on where to start? Do I just start with one of my goals for the week and tend to it little by little? Excited to be apart of such an awesome community :-)

Yes, that's a great place to start! Choose one of your goals and decide what your next step is, and make it happen! Xo!

20. Alison
    Alison

What a great reminder and thank you for this encouragement today! I was looking at my power sheets yesterday and figuring out how to get back on track. I can do it. Little by little.

21. Mary
    Mary

Love this post! I get so much inspiration from this site. I'm really happy that I found you all last year. It's nice to see what others are working on and know that we all struggle sometimes but can find encouragement here.

So grateful for all you bring to the Cultivate community! Xo!

22. Patricia Victa
    Patricia Victa

Thank you for this much needed encouragement! The list of things to look forward to this week sound exciting. Keep up the amazing work, CWM team!

23. Amanda Parker
    Amanda Parker

I'm with you and on board with this new holiday! I made little by little, and very imperfect progress during January - but the key is I made progress. I'm starting to see little sprouts of growth on my goals and this is motivating me to keep going. Thank you for the encouragement to not give up, no matter how messy and imperfect the progress may be.

Yes, what a wonderful perspective! Keep looking for that progress, and keep up the good work! Grateful to cheer you on, Amanda!

24. Michelle
    Michelle

Thank you so much for this! ♡ I have been carrying my powersheets everywhere with me, but haven't set concrete goals for this year. The ones that are going through my head seem out of my realm. Everything seems so imperfect and I am feeling so tired. This post, reminder and cheering on couldn't have come at a better time. Thank you, thank you, thank you! xo♡

Start small, Michelle! The little by little progress will add up! We're grateful to cheer you on! Xo!

25. aMy h
    aMy h

I am struggling with my daily goals. Doing well on monthly and weekly goals!

Think of your daily goals as habits you want to cultivate. If it makes you feel better, I'm also struggling on one of my daily goals (I've only checked it off 4 times this month), but I'm choosing to see that as progress. Cheering you on, Amy! Xo!

26. elisabeth
    elisabeth

This is such an awesome post and an awesome manifesto!!! Thank you for posting this and for the encouragement. This is my 1st year using PowerSheets and I am excited about them and so grateful for the reminder that little progress adds up to big results.
    Thanks for all you do!

We are so grateful to be on this journey with you, Elisabeth! Cheering you on in that little by little progress! Xo!

27. Kaileeplans427
    Kaileeplans427

These posts really help me follow through with my word of the year which is "Motivated".

My daily goals have been so much better this year compared to last year. I'm hoping that by cultivating little-by-little these will become habits that I don't have to write down to remind myself to do each day. Looking back on days where I didn't do them are not as harsh as they used to be when I see the quote about progress, not perfection and remind myself that it's ok not to be perfect.

So grateful that you've seen progress Kailee! It's a beautiful encouragement to those that might be feeling discouraged right now, so thank you for sharing! Xo!