Welcome back to Day Four of PowerSheets Prep Week! Just joining us? You're in the right spot! Whether you unwrap PowerSheets on Christmas Day or they're already sitting on your desk, we intentionally started our 2019 PowerSheets Prep Work early so you would have everything you need when you’re ready to get started.
Watch all the videos in the series here: part one, part two, part three, part four, and part five.
Today we're focusing on pages 25-33 in our Prep Work. Grab your PowerSheets and let's keep going!
How to Set Goals with Your 2019 PowerSheets—Part Four from Lara Casey on Vimeo.
Join Lara at 3 pm ET today for a live class: How to Set up Your 2019 PowerSheets. She’ll be walking through the PowerSheets Prep Work and showing you how to get organized for the new year, make your goals happen, and live intentionally in 2019. If you can’t join live, a replay will be available at the same link.
If you could envision your most purposeful year yet, what would it look like? When you think about December 31, 2019, what do you want to have accomplished? How do you want to feel?
Creating a vision board gives you the chance to create a visual (see what we did there 😉) you can come back to time and time again in the year ahead. Earlier this year, our team created individual vision boards for our roles and I've saved mine on my desktop and open it regularly for inspiration!
While it can be tempting to skip over this part of the PowerSheets Prep Work (page 27), we encourage you to dig into your creative side and have a little fun! You might be surprised at what you uncover! Plus, you could win a seat to the Making Things Happen Conference :)
I'm sharing five simple steps on how I create my digital vision board each year. It's so much easier than it seems, and it keeps me motivated on my goals all year long!
- Create a secret Pinterest board. Open up your Pinterest account (or create one), and create a new board. You can title it anything, but I usually call it YEAR VISION BOARD. I like to mark mine as secret in the settings, but it's not required.
- Search for things that inspire you. This is the fun part! Start pulling inspiration from everywhere. Did you see a pretty image on Instagram? Save it! What goals do you want to cultivate? Search for keywords like "fitness" or "finance" in the Pinterest search bar. You can also search for inspiring phrases, your word of the year, or favorite quotes! Flip through your PowerSheets and look for threads. Pin away! Tip: Save images that speak to you all year long to give yourself a jumpstart. I have private Saved boards in the Instagram app where I can flag things that inspire me.
- Open each pin individually, and take a screenshot. Don't worry about perfect quality here. Save all the screenshots to a folder on your desktop called "2019 VISION BOARD" so they're easy to find later.
- Use Canva to build your board. You don't need to have expert design skills! Create a free account with Canva, and put your board together! I upload all the images in my folder and then start arranging them on a simple white background. Tip: A quick Google search for "Canva vision board tutorial" will bring up quite a few YouTube videos for more training!
- Save it, print it, and display it! Our former Marketing Director, Cultivate cheerleader, and vision board queen, Amber Housley, prints her vision board using Persnickety Prints, but a household printer will do, too! The most important part is to keep it somewhere you'll see it regularly! I usually print a copy to tape into my PowerSheets Prep Work and use it as a desktop background for the beginning of the year!
- BONUS STEP: When you're finished with your PowerSheets vision board, enter our 2019 Cultivate Your Best Year Yet Pinterest Contest to win a seat to 2019 Making Things Happen Conference (which is like doing PowerSheets in person!).
Your turn! Leave a comment below, and share something you've learned from your PowerSheets Prep Work today! I’ll choose one lucky commenter tomorrow to win a $25 gift card to the Cultivate Shop!
Don’t have your 2019 PowerSheets Intentional Goal Planner yet? Now is the perfect time to dig in! Order yours today, and we’ll get it in your hands in a jiffy. While you wait for your order to arrive, you can follow along with a notebook, or you can come back to the Cultivate blog (where everything will live) and get started when you have PowerSheets in hand! Not sure if PowerSheets are right for you? Send us a note, and we'll be happy to help!