Summer is officially in full swing! That may mean slower days, more time outside, and the anticipation of fun trips. Or maybe it means busy days trying to keep kids entertained while home from school. Whatever summer looks like for you, we want to encourage you to reflect this season in your PowerSheets®!
With more time in your schedule, is it an opportunity to spend more time on your big-picture goals? Or with travels and kids home, should you postpone some action steps until the fall?
Do you just want to have a little more fun this summer? (Us, too!)
Good news: your PowerSheets can help! But before you add a gazillion summer bucket list items to your next Tending List, take just a moment to refocus on your why, on what matters most in this season: is it making memories as a family? Cultivating friendships? Spending more time outside? Enjoying where you live? Living life at a slower pace? Serving the people around you?
The clearer you are with your WHY, the easier it will be to add monthly, weekly, and daily action steps that infuse fun into your summer without simply clogging your schedule.
These are just a few summer fun ideas to add to your PowerSheets. Take a few that would serve you and your people well in this season, and have fun!
Monthly Summer Fun Goals
- Make a summer playlist, or find one on Spotify you love
- Plan a trip (even a day trip!)
- Have a movie night outside
- Make a summer treat, like ice cream, popsicles, or fruit cobbler
- Attend an outdoor concert
- Host a potluck cookout
- Pick fruit at a pick-your-own farm
- Swim in a natural body of water (lake, river, ocean - take your pick!)
- Get together with neighbors. Keep it simple and invite everyone to BYO-chair-and-beverage to the end of your driveway one night!
- Go camping
- Pick up a fun summer read
Weekly Summer Fun Goals
- Try a new recipe
- Explore a different park or walking trail where you live
- Shop at a local farmers' market
- Plan your meals to eat seasonally (summer makes it easy to dip in a toe!)
- Go for a bike ride
- Meet up with a friend for a walk
- Roast s'mores or enjoy fire pit time
- Hike in a shady spot
- Go for a drive and see what fun you find along the way
- Answer conversation cards around the table (we've got an option for couples and one that's great for everyone!)
- Have one meal (or snack or drink!) outside
- Take your reading, Bible study, or prayer time outside
- Trade gym time for an outdoor run or walk
- Watch the sunrise or sunset
- Enjoy the longer days and go for an after-dinner walk or bike ride
- Wear sunscreen :)
Don't have PowerSheets yet or want to keep your summer fun in one spot? You'll love this Wildcard download, just for you!We’d love to hear from you: what fun activities do you look forward to in the summer?