You’ve had quite a year!
Walking through seasons of change and transition is hard. This summer, you're craving some much needed time to rest and refocus for the second half of 2020—and maybe while getting a little change of scenery! A vacation sounds so good right about now, doesn't it?
This summer might not be what you imagined. With the ongoing travel restrictions, many of us aren’t able to travel like normal. But, just because you might be home doesn’t mean you can’t take a mini-vacation and get some much-needed refreshment right where you are!
Here are 10 ways to get some refreshment this summer even if you’re not going on vacation:
1. Schedule a spa day! Throw on your fuzzy robe and slippers, grab that bath bomb, and have a spa day. You can even turn on a YouTube video of beach waves to get in the mood.
2. Get outside! Find a local park, take your favorite meal to go, and have a picnic with your family and enjoy the sunshine.
3. Sightsee the world without leaving your couch. Right now, you can tour so many destinations virtually, like museums, famous castles in Europe, and the Taj Mahal! Check out this list to choose your next virtual adventure.
4. Unplug for a weekend. Take your work email off of your cell phone, silence those social media notifications, and limit distractions so that you can rest and relax.
5. Learn a new skill. You know that thing you always wanted to learn but never had the time to? You should do it! Whether it’s calligraphy, a new language, or painting, take a few steps and learn something new.
6. Set up a home movie theatre. Pop some popcorn, make a blanket fort in the living room, and turn on your favorite childhood movie.
7. Start a garden. There’s something so special about planting a seed and watching it grow. If this seems scary and overwhelming to you, don’t fear! We have plenty of resources for you to choose from, including our popular (and free!) Gardening 101 Guide.
8. Bake homemade bread. This is a process, but so much fun and so yummy. You can find a simple recipe here.
9. Host a dance party. You don’t have to have a disco ball to host a dance-off, but it's an added bonus if you do! Create a fun playlist of all your favorite tunes, turn it up, and dance it out in the living room!
10. Read something new. Here at Cultivate, we are always eager to read and learn new things! From challenging and convicting books on racial injustice to light-hearted fiction reads, you can find recommendations from our team here.
How are you getting refreshed this summer? We'd love to hear in the comments!