Intern with Cultivate What Matters This Fall!
I’m convinced that I learned more during the internships I did throughout college than I did in many of my classes (sorry, school!)–there’s just nothing like getting into an office and diving right in to the hard work to help you realize if the field you’re interested in is the one for you!
While we were lucky enough to welcome interns into the Southern Weddings office for many years, we've never had a Cultivate intern–but we're excited for that to change this fall!
Here’s what we’re looking for in a fall intern this year!
– An undergraduate student who can commit to working approximately 10-20 hours a week in September, October, November, and December.
– A passion for the Cultivate mission, small businesses, marketing, and goal setting!
– A great work ethic, as well as someone who loves to learn, can work and problem solve independently, is very responsible, and is a self-starter.
– Strong writing abilities and firm grasp on grammar. Have a passion for video filming/editing? We would particularly LOVE to meet you! :)
Appropriate for our multifaceted business, we are excited to find a talented go-getter who's not afraid to get his or her hands dirty (while learning a ton!) in our busiest season. Life in our office is ever-changing, but here are a few things you can expect to experience:
– Sitting in on and contributing to weekly team meetings and brainstorming sessions
– Learning the basics of working with our e-commerce site, project manager software, marketing programs, and blog platform
– Writing a post on the blog and/or for marketing materials
– Assisting with our social media accounts
– Preparing for a major product launch
– The ins and outs of best-in-class customer delight
– Executing a live, in-person event
– Getting a firsthand view of how a bustling shop, blog, and small business run with a small staff of women
Sound like something you’re interested in? Please fill out this form by Friday, August 23 at 11:59pm. Please let us know in the comments if you have any questions. Please do not email your application to us or email us to confirm receipt. We will be in touch with applicants who we think might be a good fit within two weeks of August 23.
This position is unpaid, but we are happy to work with you to get college credit if that’s something your school offers. We know this will be a great learning opportunity! If chosen for the internship, we will need you to work in person at our Chapel Hill office.
We can’t wait to meet you!