"It's summer!" you say. "I want to take a break from my goals and have fun!!" (Are you feeling that now, with temperatures climbing into the triple digits?!)
This might sound wild and crazy, but here at Cultivate, we believe goal setting (and achieving!) is actually one of the MOST fun things in the whole world, and this month we're going to prove it to you!
Because, as important as setting good goals is, if it's all drudgery and hard work, it's unlikely that you'll stick with it for long. Good news: with the PowerSheets process, it's not all drudgery and hard work!
We do things differently around here, and that includes a whole lot of celebration, sparkles, and fun along the way.
Join us all month on Instagram
, and even the podcast
for a #GoalSettingIsFun celebration. Let's kick things off with a preview of a few of our favorite reasons...
8 Reasons Why Goal Setting Is Fun:
1. SNACKS. Your first pro tip: always work on your goals with snacks at the ready. Snacks make everything better, including your monthly PowerSheets Prep! If you haven't filled out your Tending List for July yet, grab a snack and get to it today. Trader Joes Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are a favorite in our office!
2. Completion bias. Our brains are literally wired to seek completion and the pleasure it brings — something known as completion bias! Research has found that checking off items is psychologically rewarding: after you complete a task, being able to literally check a box makes you happier than when you are not given a box to check. Your Tending List has 205 possible boxes and bars to check off each month - that's 205 little jolts of happiness just waiting for you to put pen to paper!
3. We don't go it alone.
The PowerSheets Facebook group
hums daily with gals sharing their wins, gals asking and answering questions, tons of inspiration for living a full and joyful life, and stories about gals doing all those things they've always wanted to do (in the words of Lara Casey!). Every PowerSheets purchase
comes with access to these 14k+ friendly faces!
4. PowerSheets force you to be grateful (nicely). And when we're grateful, life is just better! It's so easy to focus on the negative, but one of our favorite pages in the Prep Work is 18, the list of Good Things from the past year. Flip back to read what you wrote down last December, and we challenge you to keep a smile off your face as you read through your list!
5. There are quizzes involved.
One of our favorite ways to kick off the goal setting process is with our Goal-Getting Personality quiz
. Just TRY to tell us you didn't love filling out those personality quizzes back in the days of American Girl Magazine, right?! You'll love this one, too - take it here
With PowerSheets, goal setting is fun because it's easy on the eyes. No matter which cover you've chosen (or which cover you'll choose for 2020 - GET READY!), we've sprinkled jollifying color throughout your goal planner
to make you excited to dig into every single page.
7. You'll feel the thrill of achievement regularly. Think about every time you worked really hard for something, and your hard work paid off. Winning a soccer championship in high school? Being rewarded with a bonus after a heavy season at work? Your kiddos' squeals as they sit down to a birthday meal you put together? With PowerSheets, you'll feel that thrill of achievement regularly. We believe in celebrating little-by-little progress, and of course the big wins, too!
8. It's what matters most. We could name a million reasons why goal setting is fun, but the most important reason? It's not stickers or doodles or perforation or happy colors. It's because when you set goals that really matter to you, goals that point you in the direction of where you want to be when you're 80, goals that change the lives of the people you love? There's literally nothing more fun than that.
Keep going, friends! What you're doing with your #PowerSheets each month matters. And don't forget to make it fun!!
If you haven't purchased your PowerSheets Intentional Goal Planner yet or you have a friend who would love a set—now is the perfect time to start! Buy yours now for 30% off in the Cultivate Shop TODAY ($29—no code needed!)