Our Favorite PowerSheets Hacks

One of the things we often say about PowerSheets is how they are perfect for anyone-moms, students, creatives, entrepreneurs—who needs a grace-filled goal-setting system that works! There is flexibility to use the workbook in the way that works best for you, and the PowerSheets Facebook Group has shown us that our PowerSheets users are some of the most creative ladies (and gents!) out there!

The Cultivate Team often found ourselves sharing about some of the PowerSheets hacks in our team meetings or sending a text to one another that said "did you see what Julie did with her PowerSheets in the Facebook group?!" We decided to round up some of the best PowerSheets "Hacks" for a blog post in hopes that it would encourage others to continue to make little by little progress in cultivating what matters in their own lives.

We hope you enjoy some of our favorite PowerSheets "Hacks" below!

PostItNotes

Michelle T. uses sticky notes to write verses and prayers out to add to her PowerSheets. This would also be an easy way to move certain things over each month without having to rewrite them!

Nicole worked hard to find a flexible, durable, and easy to clean cover for the PowerSheets! But we though Taylor S. (and many others!)'s suggestion to slide their PowerSheets into Happy Planner covers is a genius way to transport them around!

If you're looking for a way to easily flip to your Monthly Tending List, Amanda A. told us the inkWELL Press Gold Ruler snaps perfectly into the PowerSheets coil so you can easily find your Tending List!

InkwellPressRuler

Photo via Amanda A.

One of my work goals is to send more happy mail to our customers, and I love Evangelina C.'s suggestion to add a small Post-It Pocket to the inside cover of her pages and fill it with stationery so she can easily check that off her Tending List!

"I wrote each of my seven big 2017 goals in different color and then wrote my tending list items in the same color as the goal they go with. It's helps me see which goals I am making progress. It also helps me stop from put things on my tending list that don't help me make progress on my goals." -Laura M. via Alexandra Y.

ColorCodeGoals

We were so excited about the perforated Tending Lists in 2017 PowerSheets, so we love hearing how Laura K. uses it each month! She folds her Tending List into her Erin Condren planner so that she only has to carry one planner around!

If you're always looking for a nearby pen during PowerSheets Prep, take a loop of ribbon and a hot glue gun to add a pen holder to your PowerSheets like Gretchen F did!

Just like, Laura K, LK Harris uses the pocket in her Simplified Planner to hold the Tending List each month!

TendingList

Another great way to make sure your Tending List stays front and center each month is to hang the Tending List on a clipboard by your desk like Jennifer M. does!

If any of her weekly goals are 2 times a week habits, Ellie H. divides the box into two small triangles. She colors in each triangle once she's completed them!

Use the stripes on the tabs and a ruler to turn it into a monthly calendar and track your big to-do!

I loved Harley R.'s suggestion so much that I adopted it for my PowerSheets! If one of Harley's Weekly Goals is done on a certain day (for example, meal prep on Sundays) then in the box, she will write in pencil the number of each day it should be on (so, each Sunday in Feb: 5, 12, 19, 24). This helps her to cross it off on the correct day!

PencilDates

Do you have anything to add to the list? Leave us a comment and share your wisdom! If you're not already a member of the PowerSheets Facebook Group, we hope you join us for inspiration and encouragement from this amazing community!

This post contains some Amazon affiliate links. No extra cost to you, but it helps us raise funds for Love One Another Project!

1. Valerie
    Valerie

Love this post!! People are so darn creative!

2. Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

Fun ideas! I laughed out loud at the one about hot gluing a pen to your power sheets because I always make sure to put my pens far away from my power sheets so that my toddler doesn't scribble in them ha ha.

3. Lindsay
    Lindsay

This is my first year with the PowerSheets. I am loving it so far! I got the One Year set, and at the end of December when I was thinking about what I wanted 2017 to be about a word kept coming up: CREATE. I decided that I wanted to make sure I left enough room God to do some creating of His own. So, I started off with 6 goals. I plan on going back through at the halfway mark and look back on all I've accomplished (or not #progressnotperfection) and see how God is leading me for my next 6 goals.

4. Joyagg
    Joyagg

Love these ideas!!!

5. Amy
    Amy

On the simplify page, I wrote in the refreshment days page instead because I miss it. Sections include recharge, adventures, love others, and research. This is left side and tending list on right side like last years layout. Posted picture on Power Sheets Facebook group too!

Love this, Amy! I saw your photos, and I'm glad you used that area int he way that worked best for you!

6. Caley
    Caley

These are amazing! Thank you for sharing such creative hacks x

7. Harley
    Harley

I'm so honored that you used my suggestion on your own PowerSheets! It helps me remember and make sure I cross off the days as I'm supposed to. My brain is a jumbled mess this year, so I need all the help I can get! Lol. Thank you for this lovely post, Jess!

It was such a wonderful suggestion, so keep them coming! Can't wait to see what this year holds for you, Harley! Xo!

8. Lauren
    Lauren

Only six month planners were available when I ordered so... each monthly tab/section is two months of time for me and it's working great!

So grateful that's been helpful for you! Cheering you on, Lauren! Xo!

9. marie
    marie

Great tips. People can be so creative. Thanks for putting this together in a post.

Aren't they wonderful? Our PowerSheets users are the best! Xo!

10. Tawnda Andrews
    Tawnda Andrews

I tear my Tending List out and place it on a magnetized board in my kitchen. I surrounded it with a picture of my kids, a wedding picture, and a family picture. All the things i'm "nurturing" (my word). I have a acrylic cutout of my word for the year (NURTURE) which I bought from aliedwards.com that sits just above my board. Because I spend a lot of time in the kitchen I see my Tending List often :D

I love that you keep your Tending List in the place where you see it every single day and surround it with reminders of what matters to you! Xo!