For us, content creation and social media aren't about numbers; they're about relationships. We want to change a culture, and we're excited to meet the next addition to our team who will help us amplify that mission, one email, interaction, and connection at a time!
This is a dream job for a go-getter who is passionate about using impactful words and great content for a greater purpose! As the Content and Social Media Manager, you'll work closely with the Marketing team to brainstorm and create content for our community across all channels. You'll be an outstanding writer and project manager who loves impactful words and isn't afraid to be in front of the camera to coach women to live out what matters to them. You'll share your voice in various content pieces, and you'll be a leader in the goal planning and achieving space. We are looking for someone who has a creative spark, a passion for helping women see challenges as opportunities (sometimes with a bit of creative humor!), and a zest for life in his or her writing style. You will contribute to the Cultivate online presence, brand and user experience, including the website, social media presence, and online communication in writing and video form. Working alongside our Creative Director's vision, you'll plan content strategy, while also being responsible for the day-to-editing and updating of the blog and social media channels. You will keep a pulse on the needs of our community to create relevant content that inspires and encourages them. An ideal candidate will have professional social media and marketing experience, and he or she can continue those skills to help us evaluate marketing campaigns to continue to serve our growing audience. Additionally, our Content and Social Media Manager must be an outstanding communicator and capable of independent work and decision-making.
This is a perfect fit for someone who has been in the marketing space professionally for a number of years, or perhaps has their own business currently, but is craving collaboration and working on a team for the long-run. We are looking for someone who sees Cultivate What Matters as a long-term home for their gifts and talents—a place to grow and flourish!
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Cultivate trust with the Cultivate What Matters audience through relationship building and marketing efforts
- Write impactful blog posts, newsletters, and social posts
- Skillfully copy edit and shape content across the brand
- Collaborate with the design team to create well-timed social campaigns to promote events, new products, and new features
- Track our social media and shop analytics, and use the data to guide new efforts and optimize current initiatives
- Write content for new products–both physical and digital
- Create engaging content on our multimedia channels, not limited to on-camera, social media, blog content, newsletter content, and public speaking
The person most fit for this position:
- Embodies our core values
- Must be able to commit to 4-5 interviews (including at least one in-person interview)
- Must be able to work in our Chapel Hill, NC office
- Has 5-7 years experience as a content master
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Has a passion for goal-setting
- Has a knowledge of our brand and a heart for our mission
- Has extraordinary people skills (email and in-person)
- Has a joyful and entrepreneurial spirit and thrives on “situation solving" Is a hands-on expert in all things content—from audits and calendars to recommending frameworks and identifying topics and opportunities
- Will wow us with their passion for goal setting and excellence in all things content!
We're looking for a team member who is well-spoken, has a great grasp of grammar, is a creative problem-solver, is self-motivated to learn, enjoys goal-setting, is enthusiastic, energetic, and a team player!
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please note: this is a full-time position based in Chapel Hill, NC. We are not considering remote candidates at this time. An in-person connection to our team is vital for the success of this role. We're excited to meet you!
To apply, fill out our application. Application deadline is October 28th.