We're Hiring! | Operations Director
You want to do work that matters. You want to work with people you care about, and who care about you. You want to be challenged, to grow, and to be a leader. You have ambition and drive to spare, and you're ready to do work that can change the world! You want both a fulfilling life AND a rewarding career.
We want all those things, too, and we've found them here at Cultivate. Sound like a dream company for you or someone you know? We're hiring an Operations Director and would love for you to apply!
Our current Operations Director, Madeline, will be moving on to a finance-focused position. We will miss having her on the team terribly, but are excited for her to put her CPA skills to great use! :)
About Cultivate What Matters:
Founded by Lara Casey in 2008, our company has grown from a one-woman business to a multi-faceted, multimedia and retail company driven by a mission to help women think big picture and live more purposeful lives. Thousands of women have used our signature product, the PowerSheets®, to change their lives through achieving their goals. We're proud to have been featured by Fast Company, IF Gathering, The Everygirl, Amy Porterfield, Jamie Ivey, and Planners Gone Wild, among many others.
About this position:
Our Operations Director is a self-starter who finds joy in working behind the scenes to make Cultivate magic happen! She or he is a doer who exhibits entrepreneurial spirit while executing all of the logistics needed to bring product launches, special promotions, and community initiatives to life. With a keen eye for detail, this guy or gal possesses excellent time management skills to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and is willing to roll his or her sleeves up and get to work.
Tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Managing all aspects of the product development process, from brainstorming new products to final arrival at our warehouse. You'll serve as the project manager, keeping everything on schedule and making sure every detail is taken care of along the way.
- Managing our production partners, including submitting and negotiating quotes, reviewing proofs, and maintaining timely communication.
- Managing our fulfillment partner and inventory, including leading special projects, problem solving as issues arise, and proactively suggesting restock opportunities.
- Managing our COGS. You'll establish and manage the COGS budget and submit appropriate payments accurately and on-time.
- Performing financial analysis. You'll be a master at Shopify reports, giving the team the info they need to make great decisions. You'll also help keep the departmental budgets up-to-date.
The person most fit for this position has:
- A keen attention to detail. You'll need to be able to notice minute differences in colors and sizes as well as deviations from submitted files, previous proofs, and quality standards. There are a million details to keep track of to get a product from "just an idea" to "available in the shop," and you'll be responsible for many of them!
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You'll need the foresight to identify potential hiccups in the customer journey and the resolve to proactively find solutions when it comes to Shopify or apps that might help improve our customers' experience.
- Ingenuity. You'll have many opportunities to craft systems/processes from the ground up that will make sure nothing gets missed and everything flows as seamlessly and efficiently as possible.
- Negotiation skills. You'll need a passion for coming to the table with kindness and firmness while managing partner relationships and keeping the production timeline on track with outside partners and team members.
- Time management skills. You'll need an excellent grasp on priorities each day given a global view of timelines and projects happening across the team.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Cultivate is an EEO employer and highly values the diverse perspective and background each new team member brings to the table. We can't wait to get to know you!
Please note: This is a full-time position. While we will consider remote candidates, we prefer someone who can work in-person with us in Chapel Hill, NC for the long-term!
To apply, please fill out our application. Applications are due on Sunday, July 12th, and we will be reviewing them on a rolling basis. Thank you so much for your time and interest - we're very much looking forward to hearing from you!