We're Hiring! | Marketing Director
You want to do work that matters. You want to work with people you care about, and who care about you. You want to be challenged, to grow, and to be a leader. You have ambition and drive to spare, and you're ready to do work that can change the world! You want both a fulfilling life AND a rewarding career.
We want all those things, too, and we've found them here at Cultivate. Sound like a dream company for you or someone you know? We're hiring a Marketing Director and would love for you to apply!
Our current Marketing Director, Julie, will be moving on to a new challenge in a different industry. We will miss having her on the team terribly, but are excited for what's next for her! :)
About Cultivate What Matters:
Founded by Lara Casey in 2008, our company has grown from a one-woman business to a multi-faceted, multimedia and retail company driven by a mission to help women think big picture and live more purposeful lives. Thousands of women have used our signature product, the PowerSheets®, to change their lives through achieving their goals. We're proud to have been featured by Fast Company, IF Gathering, The Everygirl, Amy Porterfield, Jamie Ivey, and Planners Gone Wild, among many others.
About this position:
Our Marketing Director is an industry leader who thrives in pursuit of a goal and excels at making a clear plan to meet it. She or he is creative, eager to try new things, and full of enthusiasm to propel our mission forward with integrity. This leader cares deeply about people and is skilled at managing a talented team while leading the overall marketing and sales strategy for a growing brand.
Tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Leading all marketing and sales for the business. From email platform to sales funnels, social media to our website—you'll lead the team to serve our community generously and hit sales goals year-round.
- Setting team KPIs and consistently reporting on progress. As a data-driven leader, you'll lead the charge in setting key performance indictors, and you'll consistently measure the team's progress against them. On a regular basis, you'll communicate to the team progress and indicate when you need to reroute or change course.
- Creating the yearly sales forecasts and setting the promotional calendar. You'll set month-by-month sales projections and create a promotional calendar to ensure you lead the team to hit the goals!
- Setting high-level strategy and goals for each marketing initiative. As the team leader, you'll set the overarching marketing strategy — helping the team understand where we're going and how we'll get there.
- Managing the talented marketing and sales team, empowering them to do their best work. You'll work closely with the marketing team to set team-wide action plan to utilize each team member's talents to move the company KPIs and goals forward.
- Keeping a big-picture view of all strategy, tactics, and projects going on throughout the year. With many projects occurring simultaneously, you'll keep your focus and attention on the big-picture, moving the team forward on company goals.
The ideal candidate has:
- A bachelors degree in marketing or communications, and a vast on-the-ground knowledge of digital marketing.
- 2-4 years of eCommerce or online marketing experience. We're not worried about the specific platforms or tools you've used, mostly that you are knowledgeable in the various concepts specific to online marketing and sales.
- Track-record of being a KPI- and data-driven decision maker.
- Time management skills. You'll need an excellent grasp of priorities each day given a global view of initiatives across the team.
- A love for managing people and helping them grow as a leader in the company.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Cultivate is an EEO employer and highly values the diverse perspective and background each new team member brings to the table. We can't wait to get to know you!
Please note: This is a full-time position. While we will consider remote candidates, we prefer someone who can work in-person with us in Chapel Hill, NC for the long-term!
To apply, please fill out the application. Applications are open and we will be reviewing them on a rolling basis. Thank you so much for your time and interest - we're very much looking forward to hearing from you!