If you've flipped ahead a few pages in your PowerSheets®, you know what's coming next: your first quarterly refresh! A signature element of your goal planner, the three quarterly refreshes are opportunities to check in on your big-picture vision, set new goals and action steps, break through what's holding you back, and learn something new that will keep you moving forward. Everything you need is in your PowerSheets, but if you'd like a few extra tips, here you go!
1. Before you dive in, quiet the noise. When we do this, we have the space to gain a new perspective on the days ahead! A refreshed mind is better able to make good decisions, and better prepared to live them out. This could look like setting aside your phone, turning off the TV or your computer, taking a quick walk outside, "brain dumping" for 10 minutes, or taking your PowerSheets and a pen to a new part of your home (bring your coffee and call it a mini retreat!).
2. Check in on your Cultivated Life Evaluation. As you evaluate where you are now and how the last three months have gone, flip back to your original CLE (pages 10-11) to see how you scored yourself at the beginning of the year. This can help you notice where you've made progress, or where a different approach or more effort might be needed.
3. Look ahead at your planner as you fill out the Prep Work Refresh. Looking at what was actually on deck for myself in April, May, and June made filling out my "yes" and "no" lists much more specific and impactful! Some of the items I put on my yes list for the next three months: making messes and being patient with June while baking, soaking in travel and seeing family, evening walks, backyard gardening, and date nights!
4. Take immediate action from your Keep Moving Forward page. Once you identify what's holding you back or what would have to change, do something about it! For me, the goal I felt stuck on was building our family culture, because there never seems to be time to step back and evaluate big-picture things like our family mission or routines while in the hustle and bustle. I realized setting aside a date night to finalize our family mission statement was the next best step for this, so I dug out the notebook where we'd been keeping notes and texted our babysitter to get on her calendar.
5. Use the goal-planning pages however you'd like. We have 25+ wildcard pages to choose from in Goal School, and membership is included in your PowerSheets purchase! Whether lined sheets for note-taking, a financial check-in, or a decluttering checklist would be helpful for you to move your goals forward, we've got you covered.
Finally, if you need a little extra encouragement to end the first quarter of the year strong, you'll love this Tending List Tuesday video with Shanda! Sign into Goal School and navigate to the video library - it's called "How to Finish Your First Quarter Strong." The comments from users are so encouraging, too!
We'd love to hear from you, friends! What progress are you celebrating from the first three months of the year? What did you learn from filling out your Quarterly Refresh? Chime in below!