You want to do work that matters. You want to work with people you care about, and who care about you. You want to be challenged, to grow, and to be a leader. You have ambition and drive to spare, and you're ready to do work that can change the world! You want both a fulfilling life AND a rewarding career.
We want all those things, too, and we've found them here at Cultivate. Sound like a dream company for you or someone you know? We're hiring an experienced Operations Director and would love for you to apply!
The Operations Director is a dynamic, problem-solving individual who will lead our Product Development, Customer Delight, and Fulfillment Teams with vision, integrity, attention to detail, and skill. This individual is highly experienced in product development and sourcing, eCommerce, fulfillment operations, forecasting, and customer care.
She or he will lead a nimble team and dive into big-picture growth projects to support growing inventory needs, expanding product lines, and serving our customer base exceptionally well.
The ideal candidate:
- Embodies our core values and can propel our mission forward with integrity.
- Is exceptional at whatever he or she does and proactively seeks to solve puzzles and find solutions. This is the most important factor in your success! You must be a self-starter who loves to learn and grow (both personally and professionally!).
- Has 5+ years of experience in eCommerce Operations. He or she is experienced in product development, project management, inventory management and forecasting, and customer care.
- Is fluent in Excel (or Google Equivalent) and basic accounting and cash flow principles.
- Has excellent business judgment, outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written), and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done. She or he can tactfully and efficiently express ideas.
Responsibilities may include:
- Managing all aspects of the product development process, from brainstorming new products to final arrival at our warehouse. You'll serve as the project manager, keeping everything on schedule and making sure every detail is taken care of along the way.
- Sourcing and leading our production partners, including submitting and negotiating quotes, reviewing proofs, and maintaining timely communication.
- Leading the Operations department, including the growing Ops team and the Customer Delight team.
- Managing our fulfillment partner and inventory, including leading special projects, inventory forecasting, problem solving as issues arise, and proactively suggesting restock opportunities.
- Managing our COGS. You'll establish and manage the COGS budget and submit appropriate payments accurately and on-time.
- Utilizing data to influence business decisions. You'll be a master at Excel/Google Sheets to offer information the team needs to make great decisions.
- Stewarding operation budgets. You'll also ensure we are ordering and operating within budget.
About Cultivate What Matters:
Founded by Lara Casey in 2008, our company has grown from a one-woman business to a multi-faceted, multimedia and retail company driven by a mission to help women think big picture and live more intentional lives. Thousands of women have used our signature products, the PowerSheets® and Write the Word Bible Journals, to change their lives through achieving their goals. We're proud to have been featured by Fast Company, Parents, IF Gathering, The Everygirl, Amy Porterfield, Jamie Ivey, and Planners Gone Wild, among many others.
We hire characters, not positions. We’re a small company with big aspirations, and we work hard (and have a LOT of fun) while making that happen. If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you’re a consistent high-achiever in everything you do in life - then you'll fit in well at our company.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Cultivate is an EEO employer and highly values the diverse perspective and background each new team member brings to the table. We can't wait to get to know you!
Please note: This is a full-time position. While we will consider remote work for our most qualified candidates, we highly prefer someone who can work in-person with us in Chapel Hill, NC for the long-term, or is within a 2-3 hour driving distance and willing to travel to the office monthly.
To apply, please fill out the application. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Thank you so much for your time and interest—we're very much looking forward to hearing from you!