As the Senior Designer, you’ll be expected to dive into company projects with an immediate vision, able to deliver assets under fast-paced deadlines. Our design decisions tend to strike our audience as fun, happy, and casual, but the Senior Designer should be able to balance our accessible deliverables with the nuances of our brand mission and greater marketing strategy. You’ll be expected to learn the expectations and desires of our audience in order to best communicate with them. Additionally, our Senior Designer must be capable of independent work and decision-making. He or she needs to be able to self-edit, and to clearly communicate why he or she made the decisions that they made.
We are not open to remote candidates at this time, as we need someone here in the office who can help product photo shoots, design product, and make magic happen in-person with our CEO and team. The Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area is one of the most desirable areas to live and, if you are considering a move here (several of our team members have done this!), our whole team is at the ready to help you with a smooth transition!
- 3-5+ years of experience in print and digital design
- Fluent in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Experienced in print production
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in our Chapel Hill, NC office
- Must be able to commit to 4-5 interviews (including at least one in-person interview)
The person most fit for this position:
- Has basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and WordPress
- Has a love for great branding, and can build out appropriate interpretations of our brand assets for visual diversity and interest
- Has experience with digital marketing/marketing strategy
- Approaches product creation with user-focused design, and balances design with marketing tactics and production techniques
- Has a strong knowledge of our brand and heart for our mission
- Approaches design both intuitively and tactfully and sees each assignment as highly customizable
Of course, we’re also looking for a team member who is well-spoken, has a great grasp of grammar, is a creative problem-solver, is self-motivated to learn, enjoys goal-setting, is enthusiastic, energetic, and a team player!
Please note: this is a full-time position based in Chapel Hill, NC. We are not considering remote candidates at this time.
Tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Physical product design (namely the PowerSheets and Write the Word journals)
- Digital product design (e-books, opt-ins, and guides)
- Styling and shooting product imagery
- Editing product photography
- Project management (including hiring contractors, delegating tasks and disseminating information, and managing deadlines)
- Creating internal marketing assets like media kits and one-sheets
- Creating graphics for our blogs, shops, social feeds, and video content
- Creating web assets and managing web development projects
- Basic videography
- Editing CSS and HTML for basic web pages and newsletters
We are accepting applications on an ongoing basis. To apply, fill out our application, and have these items ready to upload:
- Your PDF resume
- Your portfolio, if it’s not online
- A one-sheet PDF you have designed about yourself. Feel free to include anything you think is relevant, but be sure to include answers to the following questions. Get creative and show off your skills!
- Your name and any nicknames you go by.
- What fires you up?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself (or a few!)
- What are your professional goals?
Salary is commensurate with experience.