Cultivate What Matters is a multi-faceted, multimedia and retail company based in Chapel Hill, NC driven by a mission to help women think bigger and live more purposeful lives, and with that comes the need for a seasoned Marketing Director to spearhead the direction of our marketing campaigns. This is a full-time, in-office role in our Chapel Hill, NC office.
You will play a leading role in developing the strategy to drive performance marketing campaigns, as well as executing all of our campaigns and driving results. You will be both a strategist and an executor: responsible for a variety of activities that include setting overall marketing direction, running marketing campaigns, and leading the marketing team. You should have experience across digital channels, and be able to discover and vet new scalable channels. You will have a strong understanding of online marketing methods including testing and tracking. You will be a passionate user of our core products, and be comfortable in both an internal and forward-facing role in our unique company that champions personal storytelling as a way to teach and reach our target audience.
You’ll report to the CEO and will support online marketing efforts including:
- Prepare weekly performance reports by collecting and analyzing data, and sharing solutions for optimization.
- Oversee execution of e-commerce and advertising campaigns, working closely with team members on development.
- Lead social and opt-in campaigns for new leads.
- Leadership and direction of our PR and community departments.
- Act as the right-hand to the CEO when it comes to strategy building, execution, content voice, and growth operations of marketing.
- Lead the strategy for all social channels for optimum performance, engagement, and reach; analyzing the data to improve our content.
- Manage incoming data from sales and marketing campaigns
- Pitch creative ideas to drive audience growth and increased engagement across distributed platforms.
- Develop process documents for all marketing and audience development projects to ensure we meet goals and deadlines.
- Stay up-to-date with digital marketing trends and potential new channels and strategies to keep us ahead, including updates to social media and email marketing and executing.
You’ll be a perfect fit for Cultivate because you have:
- A college degree in marketing, communications or business.
- 5+ years of marketing experience, ideally with corporate experience.
- E-commerce background for small to midsize companies.
- A results and revenue-driven mindset and way of performing.
- Projects self-confidence, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail with well-honed organizational skills, and the desire to improve and drive optimized processes.
- Analytically minded problem solver with a passion for data.
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in Google Analytics or other web analytics platform.
- Experience managing ad spending accounts and executing alternative ways of marketing.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills and detail oriented focused.
- Can prioritize and juggle multiple projects and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to manage own time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Experience in copywriting and creative development.
- Eagerness, willingness, and proactive with learning.
- Thrive with acquisition marketing, data segments, and iterative testing to improve performance.
- A startup mentality while thinking of the bigger long-term picture of company growth.
Systems you have mastered:
If you’re not already familiar with these systems, you’ll have a great knowledge base on similar systems and apply what you know to learn these while always looking forward to improvements to systems used and how to correct inefficiencies.
- Google Analytics
- Asana, G Suite
- Convert Kit, MailChimp
- Facebook Ads
- Stripe, Paypal
Of course, we’re also looking for a team member who is well-spoken, has a great grasp of grammar, is a creative problem-solver, is self-motivated to learn, enjoys goal-setting, is enthusiastic, energetic, and a team player!
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please note: this is a full-time position based in Chapel Hill, NC. We are not considering remote candidates at this time. Start date is flexible, but our ideal candidate will be able to start in the next three months.
To apply, fill out our application. Applications are due April 1st.