We're Hiring! | Senior Designer/Creative Director and Part-Time Designer
Update: our Senior Design position has been filled but we are accepting applications for our Part-Time Designer position! See below to apply!
A quick note to say: Cultivate is hiring! With so many good things ahead, we're excited to be adding an exceptional Senior Designer/Creative Director to our team, as well as an exceptional part-time Designer!
Great design is at the heart of the Cultivate brand, and we are looking for incredibly creative, skilled, and dynamic individuals to take us to the next level. We produce an exceptional line-up of top-quality products and digital offerings throughout the year that transform the lives of our customers, and are excited to have you as part of our mission!
Life on our design team is a workout for your head and your heart. Our designers approach projects with both intuition and strategy, seeing each assignment as an opportunity to reach a new person and tell a new story.
Our greatest hope for our new team members is that they are impassioned to advocate for the needs of our customers and for the integrity of our brand message; empowered to translate this vision into every part of our brand, from Instagram gifs to product development to photo shoots; and determined to keep improving.
The people most fit for these positions:
- Embody our core values and have a heart for our brand and mission
- Have strategic minds, thinking like marketers (and experience with digital marketing and marketing strategy)
- Dive into projects with immediate vision, able to deliver assets under fast-paced deadlines
- Capable of independent work and decision-making, with the ability to advocate for their design decisions
- Have 3-5+ years of experience in print and digital design
- Are fluent in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop, with basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and WordPress (video editing skills a plus!)
- Have a love for great branding, and can build out appropriate interpretations of our brand assets for visual diversity and interest
Of course, we’re also looking for a team member who is well-spoken, is a creative problem-solver, enjoys goal-setting, is enthusiastic, energetic, and a team player!
Tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Physical product design (including PowerSheets and Write the Word journals)
- Digital product design (e-books, opt-ins, and guides)
- Styling and shooting product imagery
- Editing product photography
- Creating graphics for our blogs, shops, social feeds, and video content
- Creating web assets and managing web developmejotnt projects
- Basic videography
- Editing CSS and HTML for basic web pages and newsletters
To apply for either position, fill out our application, and have these items ready to upload:
- Your PDF resume
- Your portfolio, if it’s not online
- A one-sheet PDF you have designed about yourself. Feel free to include anything you think is relevant, but be sure to include answers to the following questions. Get creative and showoff your skills!
- Your name and any nicknames you go by.
- What fires you up?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Tell us a fun fact about yourself (or a few!)
- What are your professional goals?
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Salary is commensurate with experience. We are happy to consider in-person (Chapel Hill) AND remote candidates at this time, with preference given to in-person.
We’ll be reviewing the applications over the next few weeks and will be in touch shortly. Thank you so much for your time and interest - we're very much looking forward to hearing from you!
P.S. Know someone who might be a good fit? We’d love for you to share this post with them!